The Weinberg Memorial Library Blog is a primary means of communication between the Weinberg Memorial Library and the University of Scranton community, as well as the community at large. Through the blog, library staff and faculty promote the library’s events, instruct users about the use of library resources, announce news updates and system downtime alerts, and share fun and beautiful imagery from the University’s Archives and the library’s Special Collections.
Library staff have tried to make the library blog the single source of original content relating to library news. The blog is configured so that certain types of updates are sent via plugins or RSS feeds to the library’s other social media, such as Facebook and Twitter accounts, and to the library’s home page and digital collections website.
- WordPress Multisite for content management, consistent theming, and user administration.
- PHP for custom template development.
- Content creation via WordPress CMS interface.
- User administration via campus ADFS single sign-on instance.
- Local theme development using XAMPP, file upload via SFTP, and final publication of theme changes by WordPress Multisite super-admin.